(4 MINUTE READ)
You’ve obviously heard about social media, like facebook, instagram…etc. By now you most likely have a social media page where you share business updates and a few job photos. But that’s about the extent as to where you go. You probably have a couple hundred likes and your mates like all your photos. BUT, with a few simple, free tips, you can become a social media marketing machine, where you can get more customers, more likes, make more people fans, and dominate your local competition.
- Create catchy captions – Instead of captioning the gallery you post to facebook as “Joondalup renovation”, add some personality to the posts that reflect your brand. This will go such a long way in standing out, being recognised and winning more customers. If you do backyard transformations caption the after photo “Hollywood in Joondalup: Backyard Transformation”. If you’re in the business of bathroom renovations, caption the photo “A Toilet Worth Scrolling Facebook On – Joondalup Toilet Renovation”. I could give countless examples on other captions, but here’s the key…PUT YOUR PERSONALITY into the posts.
- Get a Google + for business profile – This is so important. If you want to get found on google, this is the easiest way to do it. Once your business is verified and gets a few reviews, your visibility on google will shoot through the roof. I set mine up, got 7 reviews and had my page viewed 650 times in just 2 weeks. There are a few ways to set your page up in the right way. Get in contact with me and I will show you how for free.
- Visual Graphics – Get your facebook page branding looking great. You dont want to have the typical profile image and cover image of a job that every single tradie has on their facebook page. You need to make your page visually stunning to make it look like you are the real deal. A great profile image and cover image with your logo, some graphic design and your best work blended in is a great combination to make your page look better than all the others out there and give off that real professional vibe. Dont freak out when it comes to getting a good design, I can help you with that.
- Visual and ENGAGING Posts – Don’t just post job photos, with a date and a job name. What is going to make you stand out amongst the 1000’s of other profiles out there? Create a beautiful border for your photos using some design and your logo on every single photo. Take a photo with your customers, tag them in it, and make it look good for them, because then THEY will share it on their facebook, giving you even bigger coverage and MORE REFERRAL WORK. Make every photo personal to the job and win the hearts of your audience.
- Help other businesses – I know what you’re thinking, “what, no I want to win! But helping other businesses find work is the easiest way to get a shit load of work for yourself. Now i’m not saying go share your biggest competitors page, but if you are a plumber in Joondalup, with a great FB page, contact a Plumber or builder or landscaper in Cannington for example, make friends, and share their page if they share yours and say a few good words. Strategically network like this all over the metro area, and just watch how good your social media referrals get.
- Choose the right social media – Don’t create a million profiles on a million different platforms. Choose what would work well for your business. In 95% of cases for tradies. Facebook and Google + is enough.
- Get shared on shire and council pages – Local community pages such as shire pages like “City Of Joondalup” for example absolutely love knowing what is going on in their community. If you complete a job that is slightly unique, or even if it not. Make sure to notify the community by posting them a small story about your local business and the job. Tag the council’s facebook as well as the clients in the photo and send them a quick message with a little story about the job.
- Use this technique for the right way to post to facebook and G+ to maximise return:
[Catchy Job Caption|Job Name and Location]
A quick story about the job, what you did and why you did it, name the clients and talk about how stoked they were, show off your expertise. Talk about how you are looking forward to helping more clients with upcoming jobs like this.
[For more work, tips and information, visit www.yourwebsite.com]
Add a link to your website. If you dont have a website, GET ONE, it’s 2015 mate….
Attach the images here (make sure the images look good, have a branded border, logo and captions on them)
(4 MINUTE READ)
Whether your booking sheets are empty or full, check out these very simple tips and tricks below to make you UNFORGETTABLE, build your brand and have an endless supply of happy customers.
Consumer psychological studies say that before any purchase is made, people have 2-3 brands that automatically pop up into their head that they would consider before anyone or anything else, and in 93% of cases, one of these 3 brands get the call. You may have a business but are you a brand? The techniques below will transform you into this BRAND.
- Look bloody good. Looks mean a whole lot. Make sure you have a solid logo for the business, modern business cards, uniforms for the staff, signs for the front yards of where you’re doing work and a sign on the car. These are all pretty simple and you can get really good designs done for cheap costs. When people see you, you need to give off a great image.
- Actively get referrals. After you have done a job, have a well designed, clear and concise referral form and leave them with your customers. Ask them one simple question, “do you know anyone that could benefit from my services?” and in a majority of cases they will. Offer them a small bonus for a potential referral. This combines with the referral form will win you so much business and get you KNOWN.
- Never forget about flyers. You can very easily gradually build your brand awareness in your local area by doing simple flyer drops. F**k dropping 20000 flyers all over the place, just keep it simple, everyday when you go to your work site, just drop 10 flyers about how you’re doing a job locally, up one street a day near the site. It will take you 3 minutes and it will go a long way in building your brand.
- Onto the more creative stuff that will make you stand out, make your car a marketing machine! You can get a really cheap flyer holder from officeworks that sits on your car window. This is literally free coverage. Whenever you park at the shops, pub, restaurant, the kids school, just chuck it on your window with a few well designed flyers about the business and people will just grab one.
- More creative car stuff. Cover your car with fridge magnets with bottle openers. This one is a winner. Everyone will come grab one and your brand will be responsible for popping the tops off beers all over your local area. BOOM!
- Leave a little branded goodie bag at your customers place. Leave a stubbie holder, fridge magnet, coaster, water bottle, shot glass at every customers place with your brand on it and they will f*****n love you. Maybe you don’t need to leave all of these but even a couple will guarantee that people remember you as the AWESOME TRADIE THAT EVERYONE LOVES.
- Create a Google My Business listing. This is a great little shortcut to boost your brand. Google My Business was launched mid 2014 and barely anyone knows about it at the moment. Most of the listings on there are automatically made by google and the business owners don’t even have a clue so they get lost in a sea of boring listings. If you wake up, take control of your listing, get some professional photos done and get a couple of reviews, you will rise quickly to the top of local services in your area.
- Have a great website. This is a no brainer, first of all, we are in 2015, if you haven’t got a website, you look like a horse drawn carriage. A well designed website is crucial in building a referral base, giving your business a great look and showing off your portfolio of completed work. Not only that but, if you have a simple blog with some tutorials on how people can do some little handyman work by themselves, you will be the most helpful bloke out there. Cheeky hint: You can get someone to write awesome articles for you for great prices and I can show you how.
Hope you got some good little tips and ideas out of there to implement to your business and make your brand UNFORGETTABLE. If you want to have a chat about this or anything else in building your brand, feel free to contact me!