THE EASY WAY TO BE REMEMBERED AS THE BEST TRADIE EVER
(4 MINUTE READ)
Whether your booking sheets are empty or full, check out these very simple tips and tricks below to make you UNFORGETTABLE, build your brand and have an endless supply of happy customers.
Consumer psychological studies say that before any purchase is made, people have 2-3 brands that automatically pop up into their head that they would consider before anyone or anything else, and in 93% of cases, one of these 3 brands get the call. You may have a business but are you a brand? The techniques below will transform you into this BRAND.
- Look bloody good. Looks mean a whole lot. Make sure you have a solid logo for the business, modern business cards, uniforms for the staff, signs for the front yards of where you’re doing work and a sign on the car. These are all pretty simple and you can get really good designs done for cheap costs. When people see you, you need to give off a great image.
- Actively get referrals. After you have done a job, have a well designed, clear and concise referral form and leave them with your customers. Ask them one simple question, “do you know anyone that could benefit from my services?” and in a majority of cases they will. Offer them a small bonus for a potential referral. This combines with the referral form will win you so much business and get you KNOWN.
- Never forget about flyers. You can very easily gradually build your brand awareness in your local area by doing simple flyer drops. F**k dropping 20000 flyers all over the place, just keep it simple, everyday when you go to your work site, just drop 10 flyers about how you’re doing a job locally, up one street a day near the site. It will take you 3 minutes and it will go a long way in building your brand.
- Onto the more creative stuff that will make you stand out, make your car a marketing machine! You can get a really cheap flyer holder from officeworks that sits on your car window. This is literally free coverage. Whenever you park at the shops, pub, restaurant, the kids school, just chuck it on your window with a few well designed flyers about the business and people will just grab one.
- More creative car stuff. Cover your car with fridge magnets with bottle openers. This one is a winner. Everyone will come grab one and your brand will be responsible for popping the tops off beers all over your local area. BOOM!
- Leave a little branded goodie bag at your customers place. Leave a stubbie holder, fridge magnet, coaster, water bottle, shot glass at every customers place with your brand on it and they will f*****n love you. Maybe you don’t need to leave all of these but even a couple will guarantee that people remember you as the AWESOME TRADIE THAT EVERYONE LOVES.
- Create a Google My Business listing. This is a great little shortcut to boost your brand. Google My Business was launched mid 2014 and barely anyone knows about it at the moment. Most of the listings on there are automatically made by google and the business owners don’t even have a clue so they get lost in a sea of boring listings. If you wake up, take control of your listing, get some professional photos done and get a couple of reviews, you will rise quickly to the top of local services in your area.
- Have a great website. This is a no brainer, first of all, we are in 2015, if you haven’t got a website, you look like a horse drawn carriage. A well designed website is crucial in building a referral base, giving your business a great look and showing off your portfolio of completed work. Not only that but, if you have a simple blog with some tutorials on how people can do some little handyman work by themselves, you will be the most helpful bloke out there. Cheeky hint: You can get someone to write awesome articles for you for great prices and I can show you how.
Hope you got some good little tips and ideas out of there to implement to your business and make your brand UNFORGETTABLE. If you want to have a chat about this or anything else in building your brand, feel free to contact me!